Effective Date: 1 July 2019
Updated: 11 August 2023
Terms & Conditions
This Agreement is between you, the person accessing and/or using the Eyedealogy.sg website (“You”) and EyeCon Optical (“EyeCon”).
In these Terms & Conditions:
- “Account” means the account that you will need to register for on the Site if you would like to submit an Order on the Site;
- “Acknowledgement” means our acknowledgement of your Order by email;
- “Business Day” means a day which is neither (i) a Saturday or Sunday, nor (ii) a public holiday anywhere in Singapore;
- “Confirmation of Order” means our email to you, in which we accept your Order in accordance with clause 4.9 below;
- “Contract” means your Order of a Product or Products in accordance with these Terms and Conditions which we accept in accordance with clause 4.9 below;
- “Customer” means individual who places an Order on the Site;
- ”Order” means the order submitted by you to the Site to purchase a Product from us;
- ”You” means the Customer who places an Order;
- references to “clauses” are to clauses of these Terms and Conditions;
- headings are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of the Terms and Conditions;
- words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. Words imparting a gender shall include every gender and references to persons shall include an individual, company, corporation, firm or partnership;
- references to “includes” or “including” or like words or expressions shall mean without limitation.
- To place an order with Eyedealogy.sg you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. If you are under 18 years old and would like to use the Site, you can, but only if a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years old supervises you. In all cases, the adult would be the user and is responsible for any and all activity.
- For contact lenses and prescription glasses purchase, you must also possess a valid prescription issued by your eye care professionals.
- You can only use or receive the Services to the extent the laws of your jurisdiction or Singapore do not bar you from doing so. Please make sure these Terms are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations that apply to you.
- These Terms & Conditions shall apply to all Orders and Contracts made or to be made by us for the supply and sale of Products. When you submit an Order to us, give any delivery instruction or accept delivery of the Products, this shall in any event constitute your unqualified acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions affects your statutory rights (including the right to insist that goods you buy from businesses must correspond with their description, be fit for their purpose and be of satisfactory quality).
- These Terms & Conditions shall prevail over any separate terms put forward by you. Any conditions that you submit, propose or stipulate in whatever form and at whatever time, whether in writing, by email or orally, are expressly waived and excluded.
- No other terms or changes to the Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by us and signed.
- Purchase of Products
- When making an Order, you must register for an Account on the Site, and you must follow the instructions on the Site as to how to make your Order and for making changes to your prospective Order before you submit it to the Site.
- Irrespective of any previous price you have seen or heard, once you select a Product that you wish to Order, you will then be shown or told (on the Site) the charges you must pay including taxes, if applicable, and any applicable delivery charges. Unless otherwise stipulated on the Site, all charges are in the currency then in force in Singapore. Subject to clause 4.11 below, this is the total that you will pay for receipt of the ordered Product.
- You shall pay for the Product in full at the time of ordering by supplying us with your credit or debit card details from a credit or debit card company acceptable to us or by PayPal, which we require in order to process your Order. Alternatively, you may pay by any method that we have said is acceptable to us, but in any event, we shall not be bound to supply before we have received cleared funds in full. Depending on the results of a credit check we reserve the right not to offer certain forms of payment and to refer you to our other forms of payment.
- If you are asked for details of a payment card, you must be fully entitled to use that card or account. The card or account must have sufficient funds to cover the proposed payment to us.
- You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing the Product from us will be correct, that the credit or debit card, or account or other payment method which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Product. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment details before providing you with the Product.
- When you submit an Order to the Site, you agree that you do so subject to these Terms and Conditions current at the date you submit your Order. You are responsible for reviewing the latest Terms and Conditions each time you submit your Order.
- Your Order remains valid as an offer until we issue our Confirmation of Order or, if earlier, when we receive your notice revoking your Order.
- We shall not be obliged to supply the Product to you until we have accepted your Order. Unless expressly stating that we accept your order, an email, letter, fax or other Acknowledgement of your Order by us is purely for information purposes and does not constitute the Confirmation of Order. In that Acknowledgement, we may give you an Order reference number and details of the Product you have ordered. We may in our discretion refuse to accept an Order from you for any reason, including unavailability of supplies or we may offer you an alternative Product (in which case we may require you to re-submit your Order first).
- A Contract shall be formed and we shall be legally bound to supply the Product to you when we accept your Order. Acceptance shall take place when we expressly accept your Order by email to you, in the form of a document called a “Confirmation of Order” stating that we are accepting your Order. Our Confirmation of Order shall be deemed to come into effect when it has been dispatched by us. Without affecting your obligation to pay us earlier, we may send an invoice to you at any time after we have accepted your Order. Until the time when we accept your Order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your Order and you reserve the right to cancel your Order. If we or you have cancelled your Order before we have accepted it, then we will promptly refund any payment already made by you or your credit or debit card company to us for the order of the Product.
- If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it to the Site, please contact email@example.com However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your Order in accordance with your instructions.
- We try very hard to ensure that the price given to you is accurate, but the price of your Order will need to be validated by us as part of our acceptance procedure. If the price for the Order changes before we accept your Order, we will contact you and ask you to confirm that you wish to proceed at the amended price.
- A Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Confirmation of Order. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your Order until we have sent a Confirmation of Order in relation to those Products.
- You must only submit to us or our agent or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.
- Delivery of the Products shall be made to the Delivery Address as specified in your Order, either by Seller or by Eyedealogy (or its agents) on behalf of Seller. If such address has not been specified in the Order, we will use the Delivery Address as provided in your Account Profile.
- We deliver in our standard packaging. Any special packaging requested by you will be subjected to additional charges.
- Delivery timeframe: You acknowledge that delivery of the Products is subject to availability of the Products. we will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Product to you within the delivery timeframe stated on the relevant page on which the Product is listed or Order Confirmation, but you acknowledge that while stock information on the Platform is updated regularly, it is possible that in some instances a Product may become unavailable between updates.
All delivery timeframes given are estimates only and delays can occur. If the delivery of your Product is delayed Seller will inform you accordingly via e-mail and your Product will be dispatched as soon as it becomes available to Seller. The time for delivery shall not be of the essence, and Seller (nor any of its agents) shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- You shall ensure that you are ready for safe receipt of the Product without undue delay and at any time reasonably specified by us.
- If you are not available to take delivery or collection, we may leave a card giving you instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the carrier.
- Please note that it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. If this is the case, we will inform you using the contact details that you provide to us when you make your Order and arrange for cancellation of the Order or delivery to an alternative delivery address.
- Upon delivery of the Product, you may be required to sign for delivery. You agree to inspect the Product for any obvious faults, defects or damage before you sign for delivery. You need to keep receipt of the delivered Product in case of future discussions with us about it.
- All risk in the Product shall pass to you upon delivery, except that, where delivery is delayed due to a breach of your obligations under a Contract, risk shall pass at the date when delivery would have occurred but for your breach. From the time when risk passes to you, we will not be liable for loss or destruction of the Product.
- You must take care when opening the Product so as not to damage it, particularly when using any sharp instruments.
- If delivery or collection is delayed through your unreasonable refusal to accept delivery or if you do not (within two weeks of our first attempt to deliver the Product to you) accept delivery or collect the Product from the carrier, then we may (without affecting any other right or remedy available to us) do either or both of the following.
- charge you for our reasonable storage fee and other costs reasonably incurred by us; or
- no longer make the Product available for delivery or collection and notify you that we are immediately cancelling the applicable Contract, in which case we will refund to you or your credit or debit card company as applicable any money already paid to us under the applicable Contract, less our reasonable administration charges (including for attempting to deliver and then returning the Product, and any storage fees as provided for in clause 5.10a. above).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the Products are sufficient and suitable for your purposes and meet your individual requirements. We do not warrant that the Products will meet your individual requirements. You acknowledge that the Products are standard and not made bespoke to fit any particular requirements that you may have.
- Cancellation by Eyedealogy
- We may cancel a Contract if the Product is not available for any reason. We will notify you if this is the case and return any payment that you have made.
- We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the Product.
- Cancellation by Customer (Non-Faulty Product)
If you wish to cancel your order please contact our Customer Service Team via email. No cancellation fees apply BEFORE the items are being shipped. Once an order has been dispatched it may not be cancelled and the item must instead be returned to the company according to guidelines provided by the Customer Service Team (Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org). No refund will be granted at such circumstances, only store credit or exchange of products may be offered.
- Faulty Products
- the Product will be delivered undamaged in the quantities ordered; and
- the Product will conform with the manufacturer’s latest published instructions as set out on the Site or in our Product material at the time of your Order.
- The Product is intended to be used strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s latest published instructions as set out on the Site or as on the Product itself. It is your responsibility to ensure that you use the Product strictly in accordance with those instructions.
- Before delivery, we may make minor adjustments to material, colour, weight, measurements, design and other features to the extent that they are reasonable.
We try very hard to deliver Products in excellent condition. However, if you tell us that the Product is faulty, you agree to keep the Product in its current condition available for us (or our agent) to inspect within a reasonable time.
- In order to provide you with any remedies for a faulty Product, we may need your assistance and prompt provision of certain information regarding the Product, including:
- you specifying with reasonable detail the way in which it is alleged that the Product is damaged or defective; and
- you providing us with the delivery note number and such other information as we reasonably require.
- If you would like us to repair, replace or provide a refund for the Product where it did conform to the applicable Contract, and we find that the Product has:
- been misused, abused or subjected to neglect, improper or inadequate care, carelessness, damage or abnormal conditions; or
- been involved in any accident or damage caused by an incorrect attempt at modification or repair; or
- been dealt with or used contrary to our or the manufacturer’s instructions for the Product; or
- deteriorated through normal wear and tear, after delivery by us;
We may at our discretion decide not to repair, replace or refund you for the Product and/or we may require you to pay all reasonable carriage costs and servicing costs at our current standard fees and costs and charge this to your credit or debit card, or the payment details that you provided to us when you made your Order, and, to the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses as a result.
- Returns & Replacements
All returns must be done in accordance with the instructions set out in the Replacement Policy. Eyedealogy is not obliged to agree to any return unless all such instructions are followed to Eyedealogy ‘s satisfaction.
9.1 Contact lenses return/replacement
- A written notification via email or other form of contact method should be made to Eyedealogy.sg in 7 working days if you intend to make a return. Any request for return after 7 working days will not be entertained.
- Contact lenses must be returned in their original packaging including unopened and undamaged boxes.
- We are unable to accept contact lenses return without boxes, damaged boxes or with opened boxes. Please make sure that the contact lenses you received is the correct measurement and prescription before opening the box.
- We will not offer refunds; however, we will gladly perform a replacement of any contact lenses should you find the fit is not as desired.
- In requesting for a replacement, the Customer agrees that the value of the replacement Product/Order has to be of the same or equal value as the previous Order. No refunds will be given for orders which are of lower value. If the replacement is of higher value, the Customer will have to top up the difference.
9.2 Returns can be made via mail or walk in to our partner stores. Postage costs for all returns will be borne by the Customer
In the event that we sent you a wrong item, or if the item is defective, we will send you a replacement item. Should the item be out of stock, we will cancel the Order and issue a refund.
- Limitation of Liability
This clause prevails over all other clauses and sets forth our entire Liability, and your sole and exclusive remedies, for:
- the performance, non-performance, purported performance or delay in performance of these Terms and Conditions or a Contract or the Site (or any part of it or them); or
- otherwise in relation to these Terms and Conditions or the entering into or performance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Guarantee and complaints management
11.1 We shall perform our obligations under these Terms & Conditions with reasonable skills and care.
11.2 If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the Site. We will address your concerns as soon as possible.
11.3 In the event of a complaint, it will help us if you can describe the object of your complaint as accurately as possible and, where applicable, send us copies of the Order or at least the order number that we assign you in the Acknowledgement or Confirmation of Order. Should you not have received any reaction from us within five Business Days, please make further inquiries. In rare cases your emails may be caught up in our spam filters or not reach us, or correspondence that we send to you may otherwise not have reached you.
- Data protection
- Force Majeure
13.1 We shall not be liable to you for any breach, hindrance or delay in the performance of a Contract attributable to any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any natural disaster and unavoidable incident, actions of third parties (including without limitation hackers, suppliers, governments, quasi-governmental, supra-national or local authorities), insurrection, riot, civil commotion, war, hostilities, warlike operations, national emergencies, terrorism, piracy, arrests, restraints or detainments of any competent authority, strikes or combinations or lock-out of workmen, epidemic, fire, explosion, storm, flood, drought, weather conditions, earthquake, natural disaster, accident, mechanical breakdown, third party software, failure or problems with public utility supplies (including electrical, telecoms or Internet failure), shortage of or inability to obtain supplies, materials, equipment or transportation (“Event of Force Majeure”), regardless of whether the circumstances in question could have been foreseen.
13.2 Either you or we may terminate a Contract forthwith by written notice to the other in the event that the Event of Force Majeure lasts for a period of two Business Days or more, in which event neither you nor we shall be liable to the other by reason of such termination (other than for the refund of a Product already paid for by you and not delivered).
13.3 If we have contracted to provide identical or similar Products to more than one Customer and are prevented from fully meeting our obligations to you by reason of an Event of Force Majeure, we may decide at our absolute discretion which contracts we will perform and to what extent.
14.1 Any notice under a Contract shall be in writing and may be served by personal delivery or by pre-paid or recorded delivery letter or by email addressed to the relevant party at the address or email address of the relevant party last known to the other.
14.2 Any notice given by post shall be deemed to have been served two Business Days after the same has been posted if the recipient address is in the country. Any notice given by email shall be deemed to have been served when the email has been proved to be received by the recipient’s server. In proving such service, it shall be sufficient to prove that the letter or email was properly addressed and, as the case may be, posted as a prepaid or recorded delivery letter or dispatched or a delivery report received.
- Advertising on the Site
We shall use our reasonable endeavors to comply with any relevant regulations relating to the Site published by the Singapore authorities.
16.1 We shall endeavor to keep a record of your Order and these Terms & Conditions until six years after we have accepted your Order. However, for your future reference, we advise you to print and keep a copy of these Terms & Conditions, your Order, the Acknowledgement and the Confirmation of Order.
16.2 No failure or delay by us or you in exercising any right under these Terms & Conditions or a Contract shall operate as a waiver of such right or extend to or affect any other or subsequent event or impair any rights or remedies in respect of it or in any way modify or diminish our or your rights under these Terms & Conditions or a Contract.
16.3 If any clause in these Terms & Conditions or a Contract shall become or shall be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall in no way affect any other clause or part of any clause, all of which shall remain in full force and effect, so long as these Terms & Conditions or a Contract shall be capable of continuing in effect without the unenforceable term.
16.4 You shall not assign, transfer, novate, charge, sub-contract, create any trust over or deal in any other manner with these Terms & Conditions or a Contract or all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms & Conditions or a Contract.
16.5 Nothing in these Terms & Conditions or a Contract shall create or be deemed to create a partnership, an agency or a relationship of employer and employee between you and us.
16.6 No person who is not a party to these Terms & Conditions or a Contract shall acquire any rights under it or be entitled to benefit from any of its terms even if that person has relied on any such term or has indicated to any party to these Terms and& Conditions or that Contract its assent to any such term.
- Governing Laws
These Terms & Conditions and a Contract (and all non-contractual obligations arising out of or connected to them) shall be governed and construed in accordance with Singapore Law. Both we and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts. All dealings, correspondence and contacts between us shall be made or conducted in the English language.
- Amendment to the General Business Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. All amendments to these Terms & Conditions will be updated under Effective Date at the top of this page. Continued use of the Site will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions.